Barbed Staple Machine
The South Fence Machinery Ltd Barbed Staple Machines have been developed from the Company’s extensive experience of more than 85 years in the manufacture of wire products and machinery specifically designed and produced for the manufacture of rural wire fence products.
It is the vast experience gained over the years that has enabled South Fence Machinery Ltd to identify and design features to facilitate the most economic and efficient manufacture of wire fence products.
South Fence Machinery Ltd's Barbed Sliced Point Staple Machine is a fully integrated high production machine that can produce 600 staples per minute in either barbed or plain form.
The advantages of barbed staples over plain staples, in soft wood posts, are now widely accepted in the market place and South Fence Machinery’s new machine gives the versatility to offer both types with the same high production speeds, something that has not previously been available.
The new machine is safe and easy to operate with an emphasis on simplicity for all adjustments and tooling changes. A change from single or double barbed to plain staples can be done in a few seconds with one simple adjustment.
The latest machine boasts full machine guarding and safety sensors throughout, with a safety interlocked wire coil cage guard to protect the machine operator and others in the immediate area on the latest machines.
The machine is backed by South Fence Machinery Ltd's reputation of producing high quality machines with service to match. Tooling is available for all normal sizes of staples and can also be manufactured to Customer’s special requirements.
- Safety enclosure for wire coil
- Variable run speed adjustment
- Incoming wire feed trips
- Acoustic sound proof material inside guard panels and hood to reduce noise
- Centralized lubrication pump with auto greasing option available
- Automatic oil drip feed system for dispensing cutting oil onto tooling during operation
- Highly productive machine with small foot print
- Spare parts and tooling in stock, custom specifications available upon request
- Machine fully guarded with Siemens and SICK safety equipment throughout
The South Fence Machinery Barbed Staple Machine has extensive fixed machine guards and safety sensors to ensure machine operators are safe. The machines are extensively tested on site with a full and comprehensive risk assessment being conducted on all South Fence Barbed Staple Machines before shipment.
Safety features include;
- Full machine safety guarding with durable powder coat finish
- 8mm fabricated aluminium flywheel hood for maximum operator protection
- Category 4 Interlock switches on all re-movable guards and doors.
- Stand alone safety Relays to monitor all safety related control features.
- Solonoid locking interlocks to prevent opening during high speed operation.
- Hood inspection window
- Coil guard enclosure and wire connecting tube guard
- Warning signage
|Barbed Sliced Point Staple Machine|
|Staple Size Range||Plain - 19mm to 50mm
Barbed - 27mm to 50mm
|Wire Size Range||2.00mm to 4.00mm|
|Production Speed||600 Staples per minute (Barbed or Plain)|
|Floor Space Required||Approximately 5.3m x 2.1m|
Some variation to the above specification is available on request. All weights and measures are approximate. South Fence Machinery Ltd reserves the right to vary design and specifications.