CNC Operator/ Fitter & Turner
South Fence Machinery is a New Zealand based internationally recognised producer of high quality fence manufacturing machine tools, machine spare parts and well-known local precision engineering workshop. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, our small and highly skilled team produce fence machines and spare parts to supply the worldwide market. We are currently leading the world in this field and we are experiencing growth in all aspects of our company. We require a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our engineering team specifically in our CNC machine shop.
We are looking to recruit a trade qualified and experienced CNC operator Machine Fitter & Turner with a minimum of five years (trade qualified)’ experience in the engineering/ machine fitting/ fitting & turning industry. Applicants would preferably have experience specifically in precision machine part manufacturing and small batch runs of complex parts.
Applicants must have an eye for detail, be careful, clean and tidy, reliable and accurate with all CNC machining tasks.
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications as a minimum for application. Applicants without the below qualifications will not be considered for the position.
- Fitting & Turning Trade Certificate or Machining & Tool Making Trade Certificate.
- A minimum of five years (trade qualified) working as a Fitter & Turner or CNC operator.
- CNC machine tool operation and machine tool set-up experience.
- Complex part set-up & machining with the ability to perform basic programming changes.
It would be preferable that all applicants are experienced in the following engineering fitting and machining areas.
- General machine shop machine tool operation.
- Jig and fixture use.
- CNC Machining Centre operation and set-up.
- CNC Lathe operation and set-up.
- Large machining centre, borer or double column machining skills
- Familiar with deciphering assembly drawings and reading assembly diagrams.
- Programming machine tools both manually and via proprietary programming tools.
If you are passionate about engineering, CNC machines, making accurate parts and have great pride in your work, this is the career position for you.
The position being offered is a full time permanent role with overtime when available.
If you are interested in applying for these positions please forward your Application Letter and CV to Ben Byers at email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.